- New building construction will be designed and built to a minimum LEED Silver standard on all buildings larger than 5,000 square feet provided this does not increase the total cost of the project by more than 10%. This cost increment will be measured over the full life cycle of the building and will include any projected energy and other operating cost savings.
- Renovations will incorporate a minimum LEED Silver standard on all major capital renovations where the project costs will exceed 50% of the total replacement cost of the building.
- On smaller renovation projects (under 50%) the LEED criteria will still be applied to the defined scope of work.
- In all projects, sustainable practice for operations and maintenance will be exercised by incorporating relevant factors of the LEED standard regarding sustainable site selection, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, indoor environmental quality, and innovation in design/operations.
- Questions concerning this policy should be communicated to the Director of Physical Plant.
Building Design Policy
It is Clark University policy that: